Is a curious engineering leader and always up to new challenges.
Currently specializing in real-time streaming data development and engineering leadership and management.
- Chippendale MuppI’ve been reading Dr. Seuss’s Sleep Book many, many times with my son I get stuck on the continuity and engineering/science questions in these books, here’s one… How Long is a Chippendale Mupp Tail? If you don’t know, the above creature is called a Chippendale Mupp. He falls asleep each night after biting his tailContinue reading “Chippendale Mupp”
- Focus 3 Apple Watch FaceUpdate 2020-08-17: I got a new Apple Watch so I updated the wallpapers in this article to the new size. It should look much better on the new models. Below there’s now links for Old Model (Series 3 and below) and New Model (Series 4 and 5) I’ve been consuming a lot of podcasts andContinue reading “Focus 3 Apple Watch Face”
- Ruby vs Go – Structuring DataI’m trying to write a Taskpaper parser in Go. A very basic Taskpaper file looks like this: Projects end with a : and tasks begin with a – and any line that doesn’t have that is a note. Projects have tasks and notes and tasks can have notes. I got totally stuck yesterday on howContinue reading “Ruby vs Go – Structuring Data”
- Brief Thoughts On Task ManagementNo task management means you’re completely interrupt-driven. Whatever email arrives or whoever stops by your office always gets first priority. A lot of bosses will reward you and promote you for this because you’re reacting to their every whim, but that doesn’t mean it’s the best for the company. No task management means you’re notContinue reading “Brief Thoughts On Task Management”
- Taming Nightstand Device ChargingLike most modern-day geeks I have too many devices that need to be recharged regularly. The constant accumulation of new wall warts has turned into this situation next to my nightstand: I decided to use one of the new desktop USB chargers to get this mess of cords cleaned up. Having it sitting onto ofContinue reading “Taming Nightstand Device Charging”